Even though HEALTHSANA is NOT subject to US jurisdiction, we endeavor to follow HIPAA guidelines as we feel that HIPAA offers the most comprehensive patient privacy protection worldwide. We believe this step will help us a bond of trust with our consumers.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal program passed by the United States Congress, that requires all medical records and other individually identifiable health information used or disclosed by us in any form, whether electronically, on paper, or orally, to be kept properly confidential. This Act gives you, the Patient, certain additional rights to understand and control how your health information is used. HIPAA enforces penalties for covered entities that misuse personal health information.
We have prepared this "Summary Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices" to explain how we are required to maintain the privacy of your health information and how we may use and disclose your health information. A Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices containing a more complete description of the uses and disclosures of your health information can be made available to you upon request.
We may use and disclose your medical records for each of the following purposes - treatment, payment, and health care operations:
includes providing, coordinating, or managing health care and related services by one or more health care providers.
includes activities such as obtaining payment, reimbursement for services, billing , collection and utilization review.
HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS
include managing your Electronic Medical Record to facilitate diagnostic medical consultations with participating physicians; conducting quality assessment and improvement activities; auditing functions; requesting investigations for you through our eInvestigation service; providing medicines through our ePharmacy; cost-management analysis and customer service.
We may also create and distribute health information on conditions of anonymity by removing all references to individually identifiable elements.
We may contact you to provide information about our services or other health-related services that may be of interest to you.
Any other uses and disclosures will be made only with your written authorization. You may revoke such authorization in writing and we are required to honor and abide by your request, except to the extent that we have already taken actions relying on your authorization.
Informations & usage :
The service provided by HEALTHSANA involves the use of electronic communications to enable the Doctors and Specialists at different locations to share individual patient medical information, for the purpose of improving patient care. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include, patient medical records, medical images, live two-way audio and video, output data from medical devices and sound and video files and other related information and material.
Security of Systems/equipment :
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
The Primary Responsibility for the patient care and Patient’s medical record should remain with the Patient and his local clinician, if you have one.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of medical services through the HEALTHSANA. By using the same, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions posted at the HEALTHSANA Site, including particularly the Terms and Conditions and the risks described below. These risks include, but may not be limited to the following:
1) The services of HEALTHSANA is a path breaking, good intentioned genuine effort to provide best possible medical advice and service to the patients hitherto inaccessible and unavailable at this scale and quality, it should be clearly understood that the Doctors and specialists of HEALTHSANA does not carry out any physical examination and hence it is different from the traditional way of practicing medicine. The HEALTHSANA doctors do not have the benefit of physical examination and its residual benefits in diagnosis. Therefore, the physician may not be aware of facts or information that would affect his or her opinion of your diagnosis. To reduce the risk of this limitation, it is strongly advised that the patient be in touch with an on-ground physician and share the HEALTHSANA opinion with him/ her. By deciding to engage this service, you acknowledge and agree that you are aware of this limitation and agree to assume the entire risk of this limitation.
- the Opinion such provided is not a replacement or substitute for a direct personal visit to the Doctor.
- The Opinion diagnosis is provisional and limited.
- The data, information and reports provided online may have limitations of quality and may be bereft of required information and the Consultant may seek
more and clear information/reports without which he may not be perform his functions and may refuse to answer the query.
- In cases where the Consultant opines that there is a necessity of physical examination to arrive at a just opinion may refuse to provide opinion.
- The consultant’s service is totally based on the information and material provided by you hence any information demonstrated to have been falsified will immediately render the opinion and all details therein null and void.
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment;
- In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
- In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors.
- I understand that HEALTHSANA is following strict privacy policies and is governed by statutory regulations that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information. and that no information obtained in the course of the services offered through HEALTHSANA, which identifies me, will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my consent.
- I understand that the services of Medical Opinion etc is in addition and not in exclusion to the regular consultation and in choosing to participate, I understand that this does not replace the direct treatment and should be considered as an advisory nature and to be verified and validated by way of personal interaction with my Physician. I also understand that some tests may be conducted by individuals at my location, or at a testing facility, at the direction of the consulting health care provider.
- I understand that the consultation may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state. I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of the HEALTHSANA in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- Opinion/s provided has been provided on the basis of information, material and reports provided by me/us and it will not be and can not be used as a medico legal document.